Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

Yesterdat I asked if my ex would always be a player and you

Yesterdat I asked if my ex would always be a player and you said until he decides to change he would be. I told him that I love him and that I want to be with him and that I would wait for him. He tells me that he misses me but that's about it. I asked him if he wanted me to wait for him and I would. but he doesen't answer me. so is he just confused about what he wants or is he just giving me faults hope or just not trying to hurt my feelings. He knows that I feel very hurt about everything. I just would like to know whats going on in his head. He never calls me but sometimes talks to me if I text him. I really want things to work out between us and I tell him that and that I love him and he just says I know.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for requesting me.

I think he can't answer you, when you ask him these questions, because he's struggling with what he wants and because he doesn't want to hurt you. While I understand your feelings of wanting things to work out between you, and telling him that you love him, I think his actions/words (of lack of communication) speak for themselves.

As difficult as it is, to let go at this particular point, I think that's what your best course of action should be. Take as much time as you need, to 'heal' from this 'hurt' and this relationship, before starting to date again, but when you're ready, do that for yourself. If you continue to tell him how you want to still be with him, and he can't really answer you, I don't think this will work out the way you want it to. He's trying not to hurt your feelings, which I believe he's already done, with his actions, but he won't tell you how he really feels in words, and hopes this will just 'pass' and you'll stop asking. That's sort of a 'coward's' way out.

Love is hard to come by, but it has be shared equally by both partners in the relationship; if you're more in love with him, than he is with you, and his actions indicate he is not capable of being faithful to just one woman, plus, he can't even respond to your attempts at communication with an honest answer, he will only continue to cause you heartache, so it's time to move on.

I wish you only the best.