Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

I am in a special relationship and we are ready to make love.

I am in a special relationship and we are ready to make love. My question is - how do I bring up that I have a hemorrhoid without getting embarrassed, especially if he wants to go down on me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

May I ask your ages?

Are you male or female?

Have you made love with other men in the past? If so, did you have the hemorrhoid then?

Thanks for all your additional detail about your situation.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Cher,
I am a female, age 52, was married for 29 years and now I have been divorced for four years. I have only been with two guys and this guy is very special to me.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with additional and helpful information.

I'm so glad you have found someone special to be in a relationship with, after your divorce! : )

Even though this may be an embarrassing subject to broach with him, if you have been together for a while, really care about each other, and have decided to take your relationship to the next level, you should feel confident in being honest with him. If you decide you just feel too embarrassed, and would rather not share this with him at this particular point, make love, but don't engage in oral sex, with you receiving. If he wants you to give him oral sex and you enjoy this, that's fine, but tell him you don't really like doing that or you don't feel ready to do that, just yet. If you do enjoy it, and want to feel free to enjoy yourself with him, engage in oral sex, and make this special, it would be best to just be honest with him.

I hope everything works out the way you want it too and wish you much happiness.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I enjoy oral sex and he has said that he would enjoy giving me oral sex. so do I just let him go ahead and don't say anything?
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

If the hemorrhoid is not very visible, you don't have to say anything. If it is large and you feel he might see/feel it, you might prepare him first, but if you say nothing, that would be fine, too. If he has a question about what he sees/feels, you can explain, and make it brief and matter-of-fact, then go back to enjoying yourself.