Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

hello my husband and i fight constantly.we used to have sex

hello my husband and i fight constantly.we used to have sex all the time but i can never get any bills or the house etc taken care of because we are always having sex. so now we don't have sex because i am trying to get things done and now we fight even more because we are not having sex. he doesn't unserstand why i am mad when i am cleaning and doing bills and he is playing games on the computer and then when he is finished doing whatever he is doing i have to all of a sudden stop what i am doing because now he is ready to do what he decides is important and not what i say. how do we fix this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I think it would be a good idea for you to involve your husband in the household chores so #1 you get some help and #2 you can do it together, get it done more quickly, and then have time for more enjoyable activities.

If this has been going on for an extended period of time, it would help to see a couples counselor in person, who can give you strategies on how to deal with the problems that come up in marriage, like one partner always wanting to have sex and one partner always doing all the chores. Sharing more, could be fun and more fulfilling, and I'm sure looking forward to a 'reward' (sex) after the less enjoyable chores, will be an attractive idea to him!

I hope things improve soon!