Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

Hi ok so a few months ago my boyfriend of 1 year went travelling,

Hi ok so a few months ago my boyfriend of 1 year went travelling, it was something he always wanted to do and i couldnt leave because of work committments. so initially i wanted to break up because i didnt think i could deal with a long distance relationship but then i decided to stay together and try to make it work. Hes been gone 4 months now and i get to see him in 2 months. Last week i went out and got terribly drunk and slept with someone else. Being honest i cant remember a thing, which is a pathetic excuse i know, i regretted it the minute i woke up. The guilt is awful, i know if i tell my boyfriend he'll end it with me, i love him to bits and know he feels that same way. I feel terrible and just dont know what to do. Will i try to forget about it and keep it to myself? I'm not a promiscuous person and i know i wouldnt have cheated if my boyf were here with me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I understand your frustration with the situation and the dilemma you find yourself in. It's not easy to be away from your boyfriend for so long.

I'm a firm believer in honesty in a relationship, but in this particular case, if you're sure there's no way he could ever find out, unless you, yourself, told him, I'd keep this unfortunate incident to myself. Don't go out anymore, before he comes home, (or at any time, really) and drink so much that you don't remember what you've done, and aren't tempted to sleep with someone else.

If you love your boyfriend and know he feels the same, stick it out until he comes home; his time away is more than half over.

I wish you much good luck!