Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I confronted 2 friends which have treated me with disrespect

I confronted 2 friends which have treated me with disrespect and showed no appreciation for a favour I did for them. In the past they have treated me unfairly also so it's not the first time. When I confronted them both of them said that they had never treated me this way and I was imagining it. Did I imagine it when they both never thanked me, never even offered to buy a soft drink for me when I drove 60 miles each way for a recent night out, excluding me the past few months from nights out and dinner at their place, NO.
One of these girls who lives in the same town as me has ignored me in the street, not replied to my text message.
I went to confront them for an answer and apology which I never received and therefore both frienships are over, I can't be friends with people I don't respect. Since then I have found peace because I did my best to resolve the issue and they were not humble enough to say sorry we made a mistake. Have I done thr right thing?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again,

I think you've handled this fantastically! You did absolutely the right thing and stood up for yourself. They don't deserve you as a friend if they can treat you that way.

You have moved on in your life, and found peace with this, and that is not something that's easy to do, so now, you will feel much better and can look forward to spending time with other friends that appreciate you.

Some people are just selfish and don't make good friends; they think about themselves and are not 'giving' enough to make a good friend. YOU are a good friend and any new friends you make, will realize that.

Cher