Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I called this guy I like and we had a nice chat but he was

Customer Question

I called this guy I like and we had a nice chat but he was the one who ended the conversation( he wanted to have his dinner) and told me call me anytime no problem. I didn't want to be the one calling/texting him all the time. I texted him the next day( to see if he resoponds) that it was a good convo and asked him how would he describe me.( we were discussing about how people change or get influenced by having friends and studying with people from different cultures and countries during our phone conversation). I also am living and studying with people from very different cultures from mine. He answered my text but after 2 days!! he txted asking how are you and that he just top up his mobile and told me you are beautiful and very attractive. I don't know what to answer back. I wasn't real before with my feelings and i think I confused him. I want to show him I am interested but dont want to appear pushy. When should i text and what to text.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I understand how you feel, that you don't want to come on too strong or seem too anxious, but if you like him, you don't want him to think you are not interested, either.

Because he complimented you about your looks, it would be appropriate to text him back and say: "Hi, how is your day going? I'm glad you topped off your mobile, so you have plenty of minutes to talk to me! lol. Thank you for your flattering compliments, it was sweet of you to say that. I think you're attractive too. Would you like to go for a coffee tomorrow afternoon? I'd like to continue our conversation in person" (if you want to invite him).

You can send the text whenever you feel comfortable. I don't think he's playing games; he may have been busy and that's why he texted you back, 2 days later. If you want to text him today, that would be fine.

Acting interested and being pushy are two different things, and if you feel him out first, and he reacts favorably, you'll take a signal from that, and know what your next move should be.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher