KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

My GF and I brok up about 2 weeks ago over her inability to

My GF and I brok up about 2 weeks ago over her inability to trust me. SHe did find some innapropriate comments made on facebook about 6 months ago from me to another woman but there was nothing else to it. The relationship is about a year old and her continuing questioning of my trust had me break it off. Sence we broke it off i went on line and have a date with another woman for this wednesday. My ex and i have since been speaking and have considered a possible reconcillation (if ciertain behaviors are different on both sides) however the ex had not given me a firm yes or no on the reconcillation,   My question is to i tell the Ex about the date (just trying to be honest here) and accept what happens becuase of it. It could make the ex jedalous or it could make her mad... As a side note i am interested in this other woman as a possible dating partner. Thank you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

As long as you are broken up you don't have to tell her anything because you aren't a couple but if you are considering a possible reconciliation then it's important for you not to go on this date if you truly want your ex back but if you aren't sure then why live with regrets go out with the other woman and see if the two of you have anything in common. When you are trying to reastablish a broken relationship dating someone else isn't always the best idea, it will only make things more complicated than they need to be.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think im leaning to going out on the date cause the ex is not sure of her pathway. If the ex were to know about the date would it create more anger with the ex or jealousy to her? I dont wnat to play game here but im really bending over to try and win the ex back and for her to see me moving on could be risky by angering her, but also could be the kick in the behind she needs by getting jealous to make a decision.. your thoughts?
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

If your ex already has trust issues it will only make it worse instead of better, you never battle trust issues with more trust issues. I would suggest just concentrating on getting your ex back and not dating this other woman.