Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

My girlfriend just broke up with me. We had been together

My girlfriend just broke up with me. We had been together for 4 years. We purchased a home together and are still working out the specifics so we need to be civil. She broke up with me beacuse she said she fell out of love. She was never really on birth control the entire relationship. We always used condoms. I just found out she is now on birth control. I found out by looking in her car and saw the perscripition. I have been wondering if their is another guy. She said there is not. Why do you break up with someone and then go on birthcontrol? Should I call her out or would this invade her privacy and possiblely hinder our working relationship with regard to our home investment relationship.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

I agree with you, that it seems odd she would go on birth control after your break up. While there could be a different medical reason necessitating her to take the birth control pills, your feeling that they are most likely for the purpose of birth control, is most likely correct.

You ARE in a difficult situation, due to trying to remain civil re: your home investment relationship, so it might be best to not bring this up, until that business is finished. Also, you did look in her car, and see the prescription, which she will most likely be angry about and feel her privacy HAS been invaded.

I understand why this is hurtful to you, and there might possibly be another man, but at this particular time, I would recommend not saying anything until the home ownership situation is amicably resolved. After that, you might ask her, just out of curiosity.

Don't let this be a blow to your ego, because she obviously thought you were wonderful for the 4 years you were together, and people do grow apart, sometimes, in relationships. By 'falling out of love', she means 'growing apart/going in different directions'. Hopefully, once this is behind you, you'll start anew, with someone who will only grow *more* in love with you, with each passing day!

I wish you much good luck!