KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

my girl friend of 6 months, is pushing me away all the time

my girl friend of 6 months, is pushing me away all the time and seems very negative about us. she has three children who are difficult to control, and an ex husband who makes her life very difficult.
we have talked about things alot and she quotes " you must be mad wanting to see me, and my mental house hold " i resure her all the time and tell her, i love her and want to be with her.... i spend alot of time with her and try to help where i can...but she just seems to be getting worst...she never asks for my help, which i offer all the time, all this makes me feel she doesn t want me.
i feel if i give her to much space she will give up on us... it is as if she wants me to give up...!
any ideas...? should i confront/talk to her about things more?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Communication is always important in relationship and in order for you to find out what is going on and where her mind is at then you need to talk to her about things and get it out in the open. She may be stressing about everything in her life and it may not have anything to do with you. She may also think that if she doesn't chase you away you will run away anyway because of how hectic her life may seem. It's important to show her that no matter what you will respect and care about her and it's only been 6 months so give it some time and ask her what she needs for you to do and if she says nothing then leave it at that but ask every once in a while. Try giving her some "Me" time this may help her recollect her thoughts and be stronger emotionally to deal with everything she has to deal with on a regular basis.