Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

how do you know you have found the one

Customer Question

how do you know you have found the "one"
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi Jennifer,

May I ask your age?

Are you in a relationship now, and you think he's 'the one'?

Have you been in relationships in the past, where you felt your were in love, but it didn't work out?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im 25 and have been with this man for a little over five years,i feel like i would be satisfied with him, but i also feel some times like theres something better for me, and i dont know if its cause i watch to many "romance" movies or what but i having alot of trouble thinking about a future with him
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks very much for your reply and helpful, additional information. Also, thanks for your patience; we're experiencing a severe thunderstorm and lost power, temporarily, delaying me sending your answer.

If you are having any doubts about whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life with his man, don't rush into any decisions and take the time to see if there is someone more compatible for you, out there.

I do believe that there is more than one person in the world for each of us, and if you have a hard time thinking about a future with this man, after knowing him for a little over five years, you owe it to yourself (and to him) to be sure, before you take the relationship to the next level (marriage?).

While real life is usually not as idyllic as portrayals in romance novels, the fact that you're questioning the future of this relationship, shows that you are an intelligent and insightful woman who doesn't want to feel she hasn't experienced everything and everyone possible, before committing to one man for the rest of her life.

It might help to write down on paper, a list of pros and cons (fold the paper in half to make two columns) about your current man, and see what you come up with.

If you feel it's 'expected' of you to marry him, since you've been together for a sizable amount of time, don't take this next step unless your really sure. Sometimes, even though we're with someone for a while and feel we know them really well, we think we love them, and they will say 'I love you', too, there's always a possibility there is someone more suited for you, out there. However, it's also a question of your location, timing, etc. It's also not uncommon to have 'second thoughts' when contemplating marriage/spending the rest of your life with a man, so I completely respect your current doubts, views and feelings.

I hope, whatever you decide, you will be happy!

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
should you have any doubt in your mind when asking yourself if your man is the "one"?
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, Jennifer.

No, you should not have any doubt in your mind when asking yourself if your man is the 'one', if you truly love him and want to spend the rest of your life with him.

Cher