Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

TO whom it may concern, I am having a hard time finding a girl

Customer Question

TO whom it may concern, I am having a hard time finding a girl friend. I am 26 years old and I am very desperate. I feel lonely and I feel helpless. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello tonybig, and thanks for your question.

Have you dated and/or had relationships in the past? If so, how long ago was your last date/relationship?

What have you tried so far, to meet women and find a girlfriend?

Are you in school, do you work, etc.? If you work, what do you do?

Thanks for all your additional detail, so I can send the most complete answer.

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again,

It would be a good idea for you to ask friends to introduce you to women they may know, in your age group, and/or to go out in a group with both male and female friends, to a fun place like a club, bowling, a cafe, etc., where women your age will be found.

Very often, people you work with every day, are your best source of introductions to others. You can also sign up with websites like, and others where you can put in your preferences and find women who share your interests and are attractive. Of course, meeting people online always carries some risk, so make sure a person you might be interested in, is who they claim to be, and always set up your first face to face meeting in a public place. Nowadays, with people being so busy with work, school, etc., meeting online is very popular.

Don't feel so helpless and desperate, as you're not alone; it's difficult these days, to meet persons of the opposite gender, but once you get on a roll, hopefully, you'll be successful.

I wish you much good luck in finding the girl of your dreams!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello there
I read your response and I am gonna look into it but right now I am really depressed now and as simple as ur advice can be, it is difficult for me now. I am
Not enjoying my life and it's hard . I am deprssed because I don't have my career started and it is driving me nuts. I went to school for nothing and now finding a girl with my given situation makes it very hard. I don't know what to do. It sux to be in my situation at age 26.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

What type of career are you trying to start? What did you study in school?

Are you currently working? If so, at what? If not, how are you supporting yourself?

Do you live alone, with your parents, or in another situation?

What, in particular is making you so depressed, in addition to not having a girlfriend and not getting your career started?

If you're feeling depressed, have you seen a therapist and/or been on anti-depressants or other medications, recently?

Thanks for all your additional detail.