Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

My ex and i were together for 5 months then out of the blue

My ex and i were together for 5 months then out of the blue she leaves me because another guy intrigued her, she is not "dating" this guy. She says she still loves me and misses me, my family and my friends. If she still feels this way is there any way to start a new relationship with her? I know the old one is in the past because it has been two months since we have been together. I haven't had contact her for a little while now and we have a big event coming up at the end of the month. What should i do to get her back?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

May I ask your ages?

If she's not dating the other guy, what was her explanation for leaving the relationship?

What kind of 'big event' do you have coming up at the end of the month? Something you had planned to go to together?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are both 21 years of age, as of right now she is dating this othe guy (sorry that was a miss type on my part) although she tells me that she still want me in her life, even if just as a friend; also she has told me on occasion (possibly when intoxicated) that there is no way that the two of them will last. Although that was not her explination for leaving the relationship, at first it was so that she could be sure that she could be loyal to me, recently though i feel as if we may have started to just get boring. Her parents were divorced at a young age in her life so i could see this being valid.

Yes the big event is something that we have planned to go to together, it is a concert that i got her tickets for on her birthday. We had a recent random run in however and now she no longer wants to go. Im not sure if it is due to the fact that she feels guilty about her actions or what the reasoning is, she just said that she cant. I will be giving her the tickets either way and let her take who she wants though because they are a gift for her that were purchased well prior to the break up.

Is there any was that I can show her that we could still have lots of fun together and how good of times we could have, with-out interfeering too much with her new relationship? I want to be with her yes, but i also want her to see what she needs to see and be happy in the long run. Any advice on this would be amazing.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with helpful and additional information.

If your relationship was good before, and she has indicated that she still wants to keep you in her life as a friend, keep in contact with you and she misses you, your family and friends, I think continuing to keep in touch with her, seeing her, etc., even though she's now dating this other guy, is your best way to possibly get back together with her. Keeping yourself in her life, would give you the best advantage to getting her back, if and when her current relationship doesn't work out, if that's how she told you she feels it might go (although she was intoxicated).

It's very nice and gentlemanly of you to want to give her the tickets in any case, because you did buy them as a birthday gift, prior to the breakup.

For the moment, don't seem too over anxious, but continue to be present in her life, with occasional phone calls, texts, emails, etc., and ask how things are going (in general); if this guy is just a passing thing, she may feel ready to come back to you sooner rather than later. However, you can't count on something that is not a 'sure' thing. Even though you miss her and still want to be with her, you need to start moving on, like she did, and put yourself in a position to meet other women and start dating again. It would also be good for her to know that you're out in the dating world, again.

I hope things work out the way you want them to, and wish you much good luck.

Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience: Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your perspective on things Cher, its nice to have a females point of very and your help is much appriciated. I will follow your advice and hope for the best as well, but as you implied nothing is ever a sure thing. I hope to be back in the future to update you and give you the positive news that we are back together... or if not that i have found someone that has made me happier than i was before.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome! Thanks very much for your reply, generous bonus, and accept; they are greatly appreciated.

Yes, I do hope to hear from you in the future.

You can update me by clicking on 'reply' at any time.

I wish you much good luck and happiness!

Cher