KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Ive been with my first boyfriend for about 9 months now. It

I've been with my first boyfriend for about 9 months now. It is a long distance relationship because we're both in school, but at the end of this year we'll both be done. A friend asked me if I was going to stay with him or check out other options, i.e. seeing other people. I began to wonder, since this is my first boyfriend, should I date other guys? Honestly, I don't want to. We are compatible; having similar values and ideals, though our political views are pretty different. I don't want to ruin a good thing, but is staying with my first boyfriend for a long term relationship and not seeing what else is out there, a good thing?
Customer

I think it's a double edge sword because you don't want to break up a good thing and then later down the line live with regrets and also you don't want to not see what options you have and then wonder later if you did the right thing not seeing what else is out there. Now with that being said you don't want to give up a good thing if you get along well and for the most part have the same things in common except for the politics which isn't ma major things, I would say to let this relationship play it's course and if you find that you aren't happy then you can consider seeing what else is out there.