I met this guy 2 weeks ago over the internet and we have met

Customer Question

I met this guy 2 weeks ago over the internet and we have met up twice. He informed me he enjoys my company and me likewise. I gave him a quick kiss and that was it. At the 2nd meeting last week he said that he wanted to meet me again and I agreed. He said for me to give him a shout and we'd arrange to meet up sometime this week. I sent him a text yesterday asking how his wkd was going and hoped he was doing alright. He said yeah all was good and other small chat over 3 text messages. It ended with him saying that he had to go because his mum had dinner on the table and he would speak to me soon. My one concern is that he does not be in touch in between meeting up and just wondering if this means he's not interested.

I am interested in this guy because we get can just chat and laugh and I havent been excited in meeting someone since going out with an ex 3 years ago. I see him on the website but then again so am I as we are not exclusively dating. Do you think I will meet him again
Category: Relationship
Expert:  nursescare4u replied 7 years ago.

Sounds like you are being over zealous about the relationship. I would back off for a while and see what happens. If he is interested, he will come around....if not, you need to move on because it was not meant to be. Just keep things light for now...if he's interested, he will be calling you, you won't be having to constantly be making all the effort.

Hope this helps, reply back if needed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,

Yes you are right I am a bit zealous which makes it a little embarrassing.

You are right in that I am anxious which is so stupid because I always feel guys let me down and say things for the sake of it but I have to trust that if things are mean't to be then they will happen.

Thank you or your honesty and for me the best thing is to forget about him and move on.

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

It's possible that you will meet again but before doing that try to be careful and make sure that he isn't married or have a live in girlfriend because of the comment he made about "he had to go because his mum had dinner on the table and he would speak to me soon" if it was just his mother he is an adult and could talk to you when even he wanted to, it just sounds weird that he would have to go because his mother called him to dinner and that he couldn't just call you back after dinner. It's better to be safe than sorry, you don't want to have feelings for him and then realize that he is married or has someone else, it wouldn't be fair to you or the other person if that is the case. I would definitely question him about that and make sure he is meeting you because he likes you and not meeting you for his own needs.

With internet dating you have to be careful because of alot of reasons, one being that there are people out there that will murder unsuspecting females, there are also people out there that are married and just looking for a fling on the side but do not tell the other person because they know they won't give them a chance if they knew that, some people type what they think you want to hear just to get what they want. It's always important to not meet anyone unless it's in a public place to make sure that you will be safe and not harmed, remember this is a stranger to you and you should take your time to get to know that person well enough to trust to meet them on a one on one basis.