Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

My husband told me that he let his mistress but it wasnt true.

My husband told me that he let his mistress but it wasn't true. We have 4 children, and my problem is that I'm not working. I was a doctor in my country but I let my profession to raise my children. Now I don't know what to do, because I don't have nothing. I want to let him because he is been unfaithful for almost to years ago, but I am so worried because I was only dedicated to my family for 14 years and I don't have money and any place to live with my children if I let my husband. But, I am really tired that my husband cheating and lying to me. M. D.    P. S. Pardon my English is no so good
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I can understand your frustration and feelings of betrayal with the entire situation regarding your husband being unfaithful and lying to you. Married life is not supposed to be that way.

If you are located in the United States, you can find help from Women's organizations for you and your children, if you choose to leave your husband. You can tell me the city/state you're located in, and I'll try to find some local organizations you can call for help.

Also, he would be responsible for paying financial support for your children if they are under 18 years of age, and if you file for divorce, he would most likely be ordered to pay you alimony, also, but that would be up to the divorce agreement made by your lawyers. You can call Legal Aid if you can't afford to pay a lawyer to help you start divorce proceedings, if this is your intention.