KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

My Boyfriend says he loves me and thinks im sexy etc yet because

My Boyfriend says he loves me and thinks i'm sexy etc yet because we have both been busy with college exams... and havn't spent as much time together he says he feels distant. What do i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

You're both going to have to make time for each other it's hard enough with a long distance relationship but not seeing other much at all makes it even harder. You have to plan a time where the two of you can get to together even if it means meeting each other half way and getting a hotel room for the night. Being busy with college is understandable but not making time at all is the quickest way to lose a relationship. There are other ways you can make sure that your boyfriend doesn't feel neglected like communicate on the phone which I'm sure you do, e-mail communication is another way of staying connected to your boyfriend, there are no games. At least there shouldn't be. You can present yourself as the person you are. Relationships have both, advantages and disadvantages. Staying busy can help to slowly open up to the relationship without the constant presence of the partner. The romance stays kindled because you aren't around the person 24/7 seeing various habits and routines that can get repetitive.

In terms of disadvantages, it is very frustrating that there is no intimacy, no hugging, no kissing. At least between the meetings. You will experience difficulties in connecting because you don't have eye contact because have that presence to touch and feel that partner. That is why it's important for you to make that time to reconnect and be intimate with your boyfriend and show him that he means alot to you and that you still care and want him in your life. With summer coming up this would be the perfect time to find each other again. No matter whether you are both busy with school or not making each other feel special does not take alot of time if you can dedicate one whole day to each other that is better than none at all it will help you to appreciate each other more.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.....

Its not me though, i feel the same with him.... its just him at the minute, he says because we havn't spoken much he feels distant and not as close to me, though he still loves me etc....

so all i need to do, is find the time etc?

Email, Talk and arrange proper meetings that we can stick to?
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Yes I think you both need to invest more time especially during summer vacation and try to reconnect during those months. It's important for you to find each other again and appreciate each other. If possible plan and week away together just the two of you no one else so that you can have that time together. Even after college is back in session you need to find more time together even if only for an hour or two a day or if possible once or twice a week but constant communication is a must.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com