Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

I cant remember the third question but when speaking to someone

I can't remember the third question but when speaking to someone about anything there are:
Three questions to ask yourself.
1. Is it the truth?
2. Will it hurt anyone?
I can't remember the third one.

Hoping you can help.
Thank you.

Are these three questions to ask yourself before asking the other person something, or before telling the other person something, yourself?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ask yourself 3 quetions before telling someone else something anything
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Three things to ask yourself before repeating someone or telling others anything which may be inappropriate.

Ask myself if what I'm about to say to this person is:

1. Is it the truth

2. Will it hurt anyone

3. ?

Hi again, Sheri, and thanks for your reply.

I think the three questions to ask yourself would be the two you already have:

1. Is it the truth?
2. Will it hurt anyone?

Plus this one: 3. Did you think, first, before speaking?

"Think First

Think before speaking or acting. Will you hurt someone if you continue? Are you reacting out of hurt, fear, or anger? What will saying or doing what you’re thinking accomplish? If nothing good will come of your words or actions, don’t express them." Also, remember, once the words are out of your mouth, they no longer belong to you.

I hope this helped.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I wish it was "think first", but this reiterates Question #2 and is not to the point as the first two questions are. The third question is direct and to the point as are the first two. It's driving me nuts trying to remember where I heard it. I don't know why, but seems like it may be from a club like The Rotary Club, The Lions Club, etc.

Can you continue to look?

Thank you

Hi again, Sheri, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Yes, I will continue to look, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Hi again, Sheri,

Could it be, "Is it the right or appropriate time [to share this information]?"

If this is not it, please let me know. I couldn't find anything under Rotary Club or Lions Club, but I have a few other leads.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't believe that is it, but sounds like it would work. I think the third question is a little more profound.
Hi again, Sheri.

I will continue to research this for you, and see if I can find something more profound.

Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much. I'll know when I hear it.
Hi again,

How about: How would *I* feel, if someone told *me* this information?

If not, I found this site, and don't mean to bring any religion into it, but it has 'lists' regarding 'gossip' (scroll about 1/2 down), so I thought maybe one of them might strike a chord with you and sound familiar:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks so much, Cher.

I absolutely love everything that the referenced site says. Also, I think the third question.... How would I feel if someone told me this is very good, but, darn it, I just don't feel that is the third question. You've worked very hard trying to find the answer. I appreciate your efforts so much. If you could possibly "keep this in the back of your mind" and let me know if ever run across it.

I am copying the site that you sent and will also forward it to several of my friends.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks again,

Sheri Myers

You're most welcome, Sheri, and thanks very much for your accept, reply, and most generous bonus; they are greatly appreciated.

I also enjoyed reading that site, and I'm glad you will share it with some of your friends.

I will most definitely keep this in the back (and/or front) of my mind, and keep researching until I find something that 'fits' better with what you are remembering. Now, it's driving ME nuts, too! lol