Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

ive been dating an service member in the army. its been a month

ive been dating an service member in the army. its been a month as of today. hes suppose to be deployed as of mid july. ive seen him about 4 times cause theyve had him working long days and most weekends have been cut short. my worry is he will be deployed for 12 months and when he gets back hes planning on moving back to texas. hes a great guy and i used to hear from him every night. with this schedule i know hes tired and worn out. hes having troubles with his ex wife and custody issues also. hes exhausted with everything going on. my worry is that i wont see him much more before he leaves and when he comes back hes going to leave. its been over a week since ive seen him cause he worked all last weekend. i know he likes me cause he does stay in touch just not as much as i would like. i need some advise. i dont want to leave him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

While his work schedule is keeping him very busy lately, and in addition, he's under a great deal of emotional stress due to his ex-wife and custody issues, you still have about 6 weeks before he leaves, so try to arrange to see him whenever you're both available, and enjoy your time together.

If you really like him and feel he likes you too, continue to keep in touch and even if you can't see each other as much as you'd like, see him whenever you can arrange it, and try to make your dates as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, to help him decrease his stress level.

You can discuss what he thinks will happen when he comes back, if he's not going to be living near you anymore, but basically, it might be a good idea to let that play out as it does. If you continue to keep in close touch while he's deployed, you might develop a deeper relationship that might lead to you being together, 'wherever', when he returns.

Concentrate on the here and now, and enjoy seeing him when you're able to, until he leaves in July.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher