TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Im 58 years old and living with my mother because shes goi

Customer Question

I'm 58 years old and living with my mother because she's going invalid...sort of. My husband has just gone back to school, but has lost unemployment benefits because of it. I am so distraught I don't know what to do. My mother complains constantly and he is a mess. I'm in the middle of all this and don't know what to do.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello St,

What is your question?

How old is your mom?

How do the bills get paid?

Have you talked to either of them about how you feel?

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
I did see your other response where you said

I don't really know what my question is. My mother is a tyrant and my husband is a victim. I am in the middle of all this and sort of going nuts because of it. I think maybe I need someone to just talk to me. Not talk to them.

Please make sure you reply to this thread as opposed to opening new questions or I might now see them.

How long have you and your husband been married? Do you talk to him about how you feel or is it too difficult with him feeling like a victim? Does he feel that you are making him a victim or that life in general or someone else is?

Have you ever considered walking away from the both of them or is that out of the question?

Do you work or otherwise leave the house during the day?

What would be the ideal solution for you at this point, what is it that you want out of life? Do you still have hopes and dreams?