Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

My ex is with someone right now and constantly hangs out with

Customer Question

My ex is with someone right now and constantly hangs out with them and ignores me when they are and lies if he is there. But she tells me she promises if I change we will be toghether and stuff. How do I get her back?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

How long had you gone out with her?

How long have you been broken up?

How long is she seeing the new guy?

In what ways does she want you to change?

Thanks for all your additional details.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We were together two years.

Broken up not for long.

Shes been with him a week so far.

She keeps tellin me to listen to her and give her space and stuff.

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

If she's only been with him for a week, so far, I don't think you have too much to worry about; however, you need to look at your relationship with her and be aware of the things that lead to the break-up. If she tells you that if you change, she will go back with you, do you know what sort of changes she means? I know it's not easy to change who you are, as an individual, and I'm sure that's not what she means. But, if you know the sort of things you did to make her want to break up with you, you can work on those things and stop doing them, so you can get back together with her and have a more harmonious relationship.

You can give her her space, to figure out what she wants, and even thought it's hurtful that you know she's hanging around with another guy, the two years you had together have to prove you were doing something RIGHT, so try to recapture what you were doing, that made her love you and made her stay with you. Concentrate on those things you did at the beginning of your relationship, which made you both happy and happy to be together, and try to do those things now, too. This is a good way to get her back. However, if she feels you're pushing too hard, and asked for some space, let her have it, but continue to stay in touch with her and don't sound jealous if she tells you he's there, etc., just play it cool, and concentrate on talking about her, and the two of you, together, reminding her of how things were so good, when they were good, in your time together.

It might take her a little while to get this out of her system, and realize she wants you back, but as difficult as it may be, always make her aware that you want to be with her again, but do it in a very that doesn't seem desperate or pushy. I think she'll appreciate that. Do little romantic things, like sending her notes (not too many at once), and perhaps small gifts, unexpectedly, just to let her know that you still care and want to be with her.

I hope things work out the way you want them to, and wish you much good luck!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I have been buying her so many gifts. new phone and alot of stuff just so she will think of me. but she still stays with him. She says i need to change like lying to her, but I havent lied to her in along time. And now she always lies to me about what she is doing. I really want her back because she is the only person I see myself marrying and I am getting deployed soon and she is graduation H.S this week and the boy she is dating is a junior. I just dont see why she is with him...Im afraid she will never come back to me.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.