KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com

I am 24 years old and I have been seeing a guy the same age

Customer Question

I am 24 years old and I have been seeing a guy the same age as me for 5 months now. It started off pretty slow in the beggining. We spent alot of time together and I would sleep at his house but for about 2 months he never tried to kiss me or anything. All we would do is cuddle together. Finally one night he made the moves and ever since we have been intimate but for some reason out of no where he started to act different. He didnt seem as interested. About a month ago he didn't call me for two days and then he went 2 weeks with out calling me. Then when he surprisingly called I told him how I felt and tried to get him to tell me his feelings but it is extremely hard to get him to talk about things. We have never even had a conversation about us. I really don't know what makes me attracted to him b/c he is not the same guy from 5 months ago that I liked but I can't help my feelings. It kills me to not know what made him change and if he has feelings for me. Help!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

If his feelings changed after you had sex then he may have gotten scared and ran, if things were fine before you were intimate he may have an issue with intimacy and showing his feelings. It could be many reason why he has this issue, if as a child his parents weren't good at showing affection and saying how they felt this could be a learned behavior that he got from his family or he could have had bad experiences in relationships in the past, it may have been that after he was intimate with his past his relationships may have changed after that. He has to be willing to talk to you and open up about what is bothering him and what happened to change.

Communication is key in a relationship and unless you can get him to open up and talk to you then the relationship is not going to last much longer because you are the type of person that can talk about your feelings whereas he is not, it comes easy for you but is harder for him, communication is the best way to know where the problem lies. Communication gap worsens the relationship. Unless and until you talk over about the problem you will never be able to get to the root of the issues. You have to take the initial step to come up to him and talk about where the relationship went wrong. When you share your opinion and feelings with him it develops a greater understanding. It helps him understand what you are feeling and what you need out of the relationship. So you do not end up in a fight but come out with some kind of a resolution.

Talk to him and see if he will open up to you enough to tell you what is wrong and what happened from the time your were intimate until now and why he feels the need to cease all contact with you. If he cares about you he will give you the answers to the questions you have and if he does not care I would move on to someone that will respect and care about what you feel and even though you have feelings for him he doesn't care enough to make you feel important and special in his life.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your response.I would like to pay you but I need to change my card information. I tried to add funds but it says to not navigate away from this page so that you can get paid.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Good luck and let me know if you every need my help again.