Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I like a guy in uni who approached me and started talking to

Customer Question

I like a guy in uni who approached me and started talking to me;he asked questions like where i am from,what i study, etc.,. We talked a bit and he left.When he saw me the next time he followed me and started talking to me so i kept the conversation going and laughed at his jokes.I had to take a bus so i told him and then he said if you need any help don't hesitate to ask me and he told me hope to see you again,i laughed and said goodbye to him.i don't see him much but whenever i see him he is with his friendsi saw him today with his friends, i knew he will be looking at me if i pass near him, so i looked his way he smiled and i smiled back he does it in such a way that his friends dont find out that we know each other, i thought he would leave them and follow me but he didnt.later i saw him in canteen with his friends.I think he likes me but i wonder why when he sees me he cant leave his friends and follow me and use the chance to know each other.is he not interested.Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thanks for your question.

I think he IS interested, but some guys like to keep their relationships with their friends and their relationships with the girls they may be interested in, separate. He may feel shy, to come over to you while with his friends, as they may give him a 'hard time' about it, joking around, etc.

Next time you see him, talk with him and ask why he didn't come over to say hi, when he was with his friends. See what he has to say. If you see him with his friends again, to over to him and say 'I just wanted to say hello, I see that you're busy, so I'll talk to you later'.

I hope things work out, and maybe you'll soon go out with him. If you don't know much about him, except that he's friendly and nice to talk to, meet him at a public place for a coffee or lunch, etc., and get to know him better before going out with him alone.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am not sure about going over to him as it will show him i am interested in him and that will make him feel in control and i dont want to seem i need him and chasing him, i think he will loose interest. He might also not like it when i talk to him when his friends are around.