Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience consulting couples in matrimonial and estate planning matters.

I have proof that my wife has lied to me about seeing another

I have proof that my wife has lied to me about seeing another man. I do not believe she is having a "physical" affair, but I am sure she is having an emotional one (however, the quoted "chat!!! word below could be a code, I don't know). I have intercepted emails that she was to meet him at his house for, "a tea and a chat!!!" He is divorced and a doctor. She lied to our daughters, stating that she was going to her moms, but funny she never showed up there. What can I do? We have been having marital issues for three years now and we have sought counseling, but she feels she is okay and does not need to continue. She tells the kids that she knows she has hurt me, but to me she tells me that there is no way she could have hurt me. The kids want to have a family meeting to sit the two of us down and bring out the "truth." I want this marriage to work, but I am not sure, it may be too late
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
This less a legal issue than a personal one. If you want to make the marriage work, sit down with her and consider with a family therapist and try to work out the issues. If the matter cant be resolved after real effort, then meet with a divorce lawyer which you can find on
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wait a minute! Even though I want it to work, she is unwilling to do so. she will not seek further counseling. She feels she is "godly" enough. However, her actions show otherwise. I want to know if I can prove adultery with the emails I have.
You can prove it should you need to using e-mails, admissions on her part, witness testimony.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So it is not illegal for me to tap into a computer that we both own and I pay the Internet bill, right? And before I accept your final answer, you say I need to have the emails, plus an admission, and eye witnesses?
You dont need all of them. There is no threshold amount of evidence. Enough to make the claim convincing. e-mails may be enough depending on content as would an admission. You should not break into her accounts.