Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

me and my boyfriend have been dating for 7 months. theres always

Customer Question

me and my boyfriend have been dating for 7 months. theres always alot of drama with other people because they dont want us together. they spread rumors and everything to break us up. just a few days ago he became fed up. hes not sure whether to stay wit me or leave. i love him so much and i kno he loves me too. wat can i do to get him to understand that other people dont matter?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

May I ask your ages?

Which people don't want you together and make problems for you? What sort of things do they say, re: rumors, etc.?

Do you live separately?

Has he told you he loves you and treats you like he loves you?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we are both 18. and the people we go to school with. mostly the girls. none of them want us together so they spread rumors sayin hes cheatin or doesnt want me and just talkin bad about him. it becomes stressful at times but i do trust him deep dwn and i kno he fine. and yes he does tell me he loves me and treats me very well. in the past 7 months we both have grew. i love him soo much and its hard for to understand that we shouldnt let otha ppl get in between. we have been fightin hard for 7 months we shouldnt give up now. how do i make him see he can still be happy wit me like we always was.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, shantel, and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

If it's mainly the girls that are making up rumors re: his cheating, etc., I think it's simply out of jealousy; they WISH they had such a great boyfriend, but YOU have him.

I think you should have a serious talk with him, establish that you both love each other and ignore what other people say. He should already know he's happy with you, as evidenced by the time you've been together, and the fact that you're both better people for being together, and that you've grown since beginning this relationship.

Remind him that you love being together and anyone and everyone who make negative comments are only jealous, because they wish they had what the two of you have. Tell him that the only ones who matter are the two of you, and if you love each other, love conquers all, and what these people are saying are only words, which can't hurt you or destroy your relationship. He should not be listening or taking seriously, what other people say, because you and he are the only ones that matter, in your relationship. You make each other happy, you're in love, and that's THE most important.

I hope things go well for you both!