KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

I am currently seeing a girl who has come out of a long term

Customer Question

I am currently seeing a girl who has come out of a long term relationship. During the rough times I have been her rock and shoulder to cry on. In the 5 months I have known this girl I have developed really strong feelings for her to the point where she is all I think about on a daily basis. When I am not with her I am thinking about her, when i go to sleep I dream about her. I have been in relationships in the past and never been like this over anyone, so the way I am feeling is very new to me. I have told her how I feel and she has admitted to having strong feelings for me, but now she is going through this breakup she is starting to question how she actually feels about me. One minute she is very assured she wants me then on another day she says she doesnt know how she is going to feel once all of her feelings settle down but she doesnt want to break my heart. I am unsure of how to handle the situation, I really really do like her and would like to be with her, should i wait or not?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.
Customer

Yes you should wait just to see if there could be anything between the two of you, you don't want to live with regrets or what ifs so I say wait and be patient and don't pressure her too much or you may push her away. If you are patient and there for her without being pushy she will see you for the person you are and give you a chance. Right now she is just as confused if not more than you are because she just got out of a relationship and still has feelings about that relationship on top of having serious feelings for you, she just doesn't know what to do but if you are patient and there for her she will figure it out without you having to say a word. Actions speaks volumes!!!