Walter
Walter, Relationship Mentor
Experience:  Mentoring couples on relationship issue and self understanding. (JA's Relationship Mentor)

Will Mark Sisson and me get back together.

Customer Question

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walter replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

Are you looking for advice on how to try and get back together or are you looking for a reading?

If you are looking for advice please answer the following questions so I better understand your situation.

How long were you together before the break up?

How long have you been split up?

What caused the split?

Who broke it off?

What is his age and your age?

Walter

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to get back together with Mark. Don't know if that is what he wants. We only dated for 4 1/2 months. I broke it off because I thought it was going to fast. Have tried to explain all this to him think I hurt him or maybe he just wasn't in to me like I thoulght. He said he loved me and wanted to do all kinds of other things with me. I met his whole family. I mean aunts, uncles, mom sister brother kids, etc. He is 51 I am 50. We have been split up for a year and a couple of months. Can you tell me whats going on he just says he wants to be friends. But even friends talk to each other and do things together. I still think of him alot with a broken heart.
Expert:  Walter replied 5 years ago.

Guys tend to have the same excuses women do, when a guy says he wants to just be friends with a women that means he really isn't interested in getting back together but does not want to hurt the womens feelings either.......thus by offering friendship he feels he is off the hook for a relationship.

I wish I could tell you that things are going to work themselves out, but based on what he has said and done so far it sounds like he has moved on. You can try the friendship route and work on the girlfriend angle slowly if you like. Just make sure you nurture the friendship by inviting him out and simply being a friend........men tend to want things they can not have. His feelings were hurt and this may be his way of acting out from that pain. Be patient and treat this as a friendship only for a few months to see how he reacts to you having moved on. Sometimes guy will see this as a bad thing and jump back into the saddle.

By being his friend, but still going out with other guys and getting on with your life he will be forced to make a decision on what he wants. All us guys know that there is always another guy out there ready to take our place........so by showing him you have moved on he must decide what he really wants.

Walter