KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

When is it time to leave

Customer Question

I've been married going on 15 years and I have a 7 year old daughter and a 3 month old daughter. My husband has always had a lot of female friends which has affected our marriage. I put up with until I realized that he was going out to lunch with them talking with them at work and lying to me. On December 27, 2006, he met a young lady at a club when he went out with his friends and January 15, 2007 he bought a cellphone with her. After confronting him he admitted it and said he was sorry and that he had gotten rid of the phone. That same year he went online and met a young lady trying to hook up with her and then he sent a letter to an ex-girlfriend stating that he wanted to be with her. The stress of all of this has lead me to yell at my daughter to the point it's messing up her self-esteem. I know real love doesn't hurt and I have tried to correct things that I needed to correct in the relationship. But if I stay my daughters will suffer especially the oldest.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.
Customer

I think it's time for you to consider some counseling possibly marriage counseling and if he is not willing to take counseling then separation from your husband may be your only choice now, if it's affecting your relationship with your daughter(s) it's time to take that step towards a less stressful life for you and you daughters. You have tried everything that you could try and you cannot make him stay and do right by his family he has to want to do those things. You forgave him once and he didn't take that second chance to heart and now you and your daughter are suffering because of this. If he isn't willing to get help and change then it's time for you to take the step to separate and get you and your children counseling to help you get through this.