KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 5 years now.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 5 years now. I am a woman. Last night he had a dream of him and another man. Is it normal or should I worry?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-Is he concerned about the dream also?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm 25 years old and he is 31.

He wasn't worried about the dream.

We live together and are inlove and attracted to each other. I have fears of not knowing and of all the stories about people realizing at age 40 or 50 that they're gay, I don't want to be in that situation and that's why I'm concerned. He says that he only likes girls, and specificly me.

The problem was that in the middle of the night he started grabbing me and tried to pull my cloths while he was still asleep and was mumbling things, refering me as a male...

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

I wouldn't be worried about the dream, if he reassured you that the dream meant nothing then I would believe him. People dream about many things that may never be true like aliens chasing them and things like that and it never happens. I don't think it's subconsciously what he is feeling I just think it's one of those things that someone has a weird dream and cannot make any sense out of it. Some dreams can be subconscious thinking but not all. Trust that he is telling you the truth and I wouldn't worry about it, if in the five years you have been dating this is the first dream he has had a dream like that then let it go and if he has the dream again then you should talk to him about why he keeps having this dreams, alot of times people dream of things they have no explanation for. If you are still worried about this then I would suggest a dream interpreter.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think it's normal?
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Most strange dreams are never normal as far as for him I don't know unless he tells you that he has had this dream before then I would say it's normal what would make it not the norm is if he continues to have this dream and it's reaccurring. I would ask him if he has had the dream before. Dreams come from things that we've seen and things that are in our mind. And combinations of both, imagination and weird, made up stuff. So the possibilities of what you might see in a dream are almost endless, you may have seen it somewhere, or thought about it from time to time. I'm sure these dreams are a passing phase, and will cease shortly. The mind is amazing, and sometimes, on occasion, it works against us.