Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

i was here a couple of days ago and was talking with dr beth.

i was here a couple of days ago and was talking with dr beth. i had a great conversation with my wife about getting back together. now i get an email from her with a hyphenated last name. we have our 10 year ann coming in 2 weeks. why would she change it now?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I'm glad to hear you had a great conversation with your wife about getting back together. What was the outcome of that conversation? Did you make arrangements to take the first steps in living together, again?

Don't worry too much about the hyphenated last name right now, if your talk with your wife was a positive one. Your wife may have done this to prove to herself (and you) that she is an independent woman and needed to see her maiden name next to her married name to reassure herself she's still the same person she was, before she married. I don't think this was meant as an insult to you, but you can mention it to her in a non-threatening way and just ask, "Hey, how come the hyphenated name? It looks real professional!" In fact, maybe she's going to use it for a new business venture, etc., and thinks it looks more 'classy'.

Once you ask, listen to her answer and if the reason makes you upset, don't fight with her, just say, I understand, and start making arrangements to celebrate your 10 year anniversary.

I hope things continue to go well for you!

Cher