TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Tensions at home have been strained recently, due to this credit

Customer Question

Tensions at home have been strained recently, due to this credit crunch. Whilst i'm not overly concerned my wife is. however when i try to ask her what the problem is i just can't understand her reasoning. When i for an further explaination she gets upset and starts calling me either stupid/uncaring. It appeares i have a habit of asking the wrong question.. however this is mabe worse when she asks how i feel on certain subjects and i can find no answer. She puts great stock in such things and i don't. for example during a recent 'disscussion' at home my wife was discussing the possibility of emagrating. And despite the reasons for this i had no desire to move though i couldn't think of one real reason to stay, it just i don't want to move. I don't have a bucket full of friend or anything either. Is this a case for a marrage guidence counciler or a shrink?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

Are you asking if the disagreement about the move is cause for a counselor, or the disagreements in general?

This has just started recently? Anything set it off?

Chase
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No this is not new, it happens a lot the move was an example. she'll ask how a feel on a multitude of things and to be honest i find it hard to answer either positivily or otherwise. The exception seems to be when some great change is suggested, i guess i'm not good with such things
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Rogue,

Thank you for that information.

You don't necessarily have to not be good with such things, can you tell me how long you have been married?

Are you both from the same place?

What are your ages?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

married 5 years

Live in the UK (not Venezuela as listed above!)

32 me 37 her

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.