Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

i had a suspition that my boyfriend was messing around. I confronted

Customer Question

i had a suspition that my boyfriend was messing around. I confronted him and he re-assured me that he wasnt. Still I did not believe him. His sister and I have a good relationship so I sent her a message asking if she thought he would really cheat on me and she said no definitley not. That re-assured me but I asked her not to tell him and she told me that it wasnt a big deal and she would not say anything. Now I am regretting asking her because I dont want her to say anything to him that I asked her. What should I do??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

How long have you been with him?
What are your ages?

Do you think she'll say anything to him? are they close?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 28 He is 29 his sister is 19. She is a really sweet girl and I know she likes me. I they are close. I have been with him since october. I don't think she would say anything, but I am worried that he would get upset at me if he found out I asked. Should I be worried and how should I handle the situation if she does say something?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me why you were thinking he might be cheating?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One day while we were visiting, he got a phone call and I heard a female on the line. After he hung up he said oh that was my friend Justin. And that shocked me because I knew it was a female. I asked him and he said oh yes it was his friend calling from his girlfriends phone and she had called for him. Then one thing led to another and he started acting strand like I love you so so much and you are the only girl in my life and stuff like that. He is always on his phone texting and stuff. But he spends a lot of time with me. That is all. I know he has a lot of friends that are girls. Last night He asked if I wanted to see his phone and I said no. So I dont know. Maybe Im just being paranoid. But I am just worried that his sister is going to say something to him and I dont know how I will handle the situation.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
I would say not to bring it up to the sister again and hopefully she'll forget about it in time. If by chance she does tell him or mention it to him, you can explain that you were feeling a little insecure since you heard a woman's voice on the phone. Since you and the sister are close, it wouldn't be uncommon for you to mention something like that to her, I don't think it's something to be too concerned or paranoid about. Again, I would not bring it up to the sister again, to not remind her about it again. Next time he asks if you want to see his phone, say "sure" with a smile and see what he says. In the meantime, don't worry about something that hasn't happened. If the two of you are close, chances are she won't say anything to him about it. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.