KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now and we

Customer Question

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now and we have been through so much together, such as an unwanted pregancy which had to be terminated and infidelity issues. I feel like a lot of the time he takes me for granted. I do so much for him I don't cheat, I'm always there for him when he needs me! and i would do anything to make him happy. It just seems like the complete opposite with him he treats me so badly and recently he left me and its just made me think why did he leave me when ive been nothing but good to him! i just don't know what to do I want him back but even more I want him to realise what he's put me through and how good iv been to him!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-In what ways has he treated you badly?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i'm 18 and he's 19.

He treats me badly as when i'm upset he never knows how to comfort me and just gets angry at me. He cheats and he lies to me and he puts me down a lot.

It seems like he's ever only really nice to me when he's done something bad. I just love him so much I do't understand why he doesn't want me when i'm such a good girlfriend to him.

Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Butterfly baby,

It may not even be you that keeps him treating you this way it may be something that he has gone through or seen that makes him this way. What you are going to have to do is realize your self worth and know that you deserve better than what you are getting. I think your boyfriend may need some counseling because there is a reason he treats you this way deep down inside he may have some hidden hurt and pain that makes him not care how he treats someone that loves him so much and shows him how much they love him and still he treats them like they mean nothing to him. Maybe his father wasn't there for him or if he was there maybe he didn't show him the love he wanted or it could be a learned behavior and he saw someone treat a woman bad and he learned from that, either way he needs to get help or else he may find himself alone because not every woman will put up with that type of behavior.

There isn't anything you could do to get him to love you more or realize that you are good for him he has to see that on his own. You're going to have to figure out how much of the behavior you are willing to endure from him before you realize that he may never change and the only way he will change is if he wants to change, he may realize what he had until it's gone. I'm sure he already knows you are a good girlfriend but he is taking that for granted and being selfish. If he is constantly cheating on you then it's obvious he doesn't care about your feelings and only cares about what he wants. You can do so much better than what you are getting from him.