KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

Hello, I have a girlfriend, whom I have been with for 14 months.

Hello, I have a girlfriend, whom I have been with for 14 months. Her name isXXXXX is 28 and is from San Diego. My problem is that she never calls or text messages me, never comes to see me, and treats me like a friend. She is very reluctant to be intimate. I have never seen so much as her belly button. She kisses me like she would kiss her brother, yet says that she doesn't 'feel' any need. Tell me, am I doing myself a disservice by staying with her?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

You're not necessarily doing yourself a disservice but you are just letting things happen without taking the initiative and asking her why she is acting this way come right out and ask her if she would rather be friends or if she is even wanting to date youor attracted to you at all, she will have no choice but to give you the answers you need and if she tries to talk around it then you will have to make the decision as to whether you want to wait it out and see if she comes around or give it a time limit to change and if it doesn't change by then, then it's time to move on and maybe just be good friends and find someone that will show you the attention and love that you want. She may be just the kind of person that doesn't show alot of affection and waits for the man to make the moves but a relationship has to be 50/50 to be successful so it may be time for you to have a serious talk with her so that you don't just go with the flow and then end up wasting your time on someone who doesn't want to make a commitment or an effort.