KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com

My fiance wants to date someone to see how things would be.

My fiance' wants to date someone to see how things would be. He is 24 and im 22, we have been together almost 6 years. He is already dating someone but he told me that we will get back together really soon. He wants me to date someone and see how I like it, but I dont want to. I have gotten close to other guys throughout the relationship, but I know that I only want him. Is this what he is doing? If he knows that we are going to get back together why can we just do it now? How do I cope in the mean time, how should I treat him as far as calling and txt msgs?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Are the two of your broken up and that is why he is dating someone else?

-If so, why did you break up?

-What did you say to him when he told you he was dating someone else?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well we started having more arguments and I had started working a lot so when he would call, If I was in a bad mood, I would say something like I dont feel like arguing so bye, or i need some space bye. So he started saying I dont think this will work and I just ignored him and after a few days I noticed that we didnt talk that much. So I started asking questions and he said he didnt think the relationship was headed in the right direction, so i decided to give him time. Few days later, he confesses that he has a new friend and he likes her. So I let a day or so pass, but now they date...everything happened so fast and now he answers, calls, txt and comes by when he feels like it, not when I ask. Its so weird because he actually puts her before me, and I didnt realize that our problems were so bad. This all started almost a month ago. We officially broke up about 2 weeks ago, and when he told me he was dating I just kept denying it. He says that I complain too much so he figured I was unhappy and that made him unhappy. We talk everyday, I have all his stuff he still pays my phone bill and stuff but he still dates this girl. I just dont understand why do we have to wait to get back together.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

Lilpeach 059,

You shouldn't have to wait to get back together if he truly loves you he will leave this other woman alone and come back what you are going to have to do it realize how much you are willing to put up with as far as him dating someone else and you waiting for him to come around because eventually he will think that you will wait as long as he wants you to and he will only keep you waiting you are going to have to tell him you are not willing to come second and to let you know when he is doing deciding if he wants to be with you or someone else. You have to put your foot down and let him know that you are not going to wait forever for him to be ready to come back, tell him all relationships have communication break down and he has to be willing to work it out and not run away. Tell him you will give him some time but after that you are going to have to move on at some point and then stop communication with him until he decides to contact you and if he doesn't contact you then I guess you will have your answer. He will only keep you hanging on as long as he thinks you will wait. You don't want to win by default you want him to want to come back to you. If you have anything to add click reply.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com