Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I had a guy tell me the other day after I told him I was not

I had a guy tell me the other day after I told him I was not going to have sex with him yet"Maybe its a good thing that we didn't have sex yet because I might fall in love with you." I Know this guy from english class and we have had class for about two months now. But we just recently started hanging out outside of class. I wasn't even sure if he was interested like that until last night,and I know he may have been dissapointed but he didnt seem upset about not having sex or try to pressure me into it. When I told him he was going to have to work for it he smiled and said ok. So what could he have meant by that statement?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again,Customer and welcome back to Just Answer.

I'm very glad you made the decision to tell him that, because you haven't known each other very long and you were wise to postpone intimacy.

I think he said this to you because he does feel it's worth it to 'work for it' and wait to get to know you better; also, I think even though he's definitely interested, this may be a 'line' he uses when placed in the position of being rebuffed by a woman when he shows/tells her he's interested in taking the relationship further.

He's a smart man. He's playing it cool and hoping as you get to know each other better, you'll change your mind, eventually. A guy who would give a girl an argument or try to talk her into it, most likely will not be sleeping with that woman in the future. He's either a really nice, moral guy who knows not to pressure a woman who says 'no'
and just move more slowly, or he feels this 'line' may make you feel 'awwww, he's so sweet and might be falling in love with me', so I'll have sex with him, sooner rather than later.

You know him best, XXXXX XXXXX see him all the time and interact with him, so you'll have to decide what type of guy he is, and hopefully, he's a nice one.

It would definitely be worth it to hang out with him more, get to know more about him, and when the time is right for both of you, you'll know it, and make the right decision.

I hope things work out well for you.

Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience: Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor