KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

Ive been dating someone for 4 months and things have been

Customer Question

I've been dating someone for 4 months and things have been going great. Out of the blue he stopped talking to me. I sent one text last week and he told me he was busy, had lots going on and mom in hospital but that we need to talk. Haven't heard from him since. Hasn't broken up with me but should I just give him his space and hopes he eventually calls me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

Yes if he truly has things going on he may truly be busy and just needs to find time to talk to you. Give him at least a week and then ask him when you can talk about things or should you just let things be as they are. Don't jump to conclusion right now he may truly have alot of things on his plate at this time. Try to be understanding and patient until you can talk to him.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One more question. I had minor surgery myself last week and he never checked to see how I was doing. I know he has a lot on his plate and don't know how sick is mom is. He didn't even call me on Valentine's just came out of the blue. We do go to the same bar and will probably bump into each other next weekend. I know I am repeating myself but I'm better off leaving him alone and seeing if he says anything to me next week. He likes an independent woman. I was good at playing hard to get and don't know if I should start now and just wait and hope he contacts me.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 7 years ago.

See if he says anything or if you even see him out, either way you need answers or closure or you will always wonder why and what happened to change his mind. Make sure he hasn't move on to someone else without telling you it will make it even harder to get passed this and leave you wondering what you did wrong when in all actuality you did nothing wrong and it may just be a hang up he has. Just wait some time but don't wait too long for him to give you answers if he doesn't give you an answer in two weeks I would start the process of moving passed this and not looking back if he didn't have just a little bit of time to see if you were okay after your surgery then he is proving not to be a person you can rely on to be there for you through the good and bad times. If he does approach you then hear him out and see if he has a good enough reason as to why the cold shoulder, then make your decision as to whether to stay or move on.