Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

Hi should i be of concern of my partner who nows catches up

Customer Question

Hi should i be of concern of my partner who nows catches up for drinks with her single friend who also organise to catch up with single men who were friends at school.its only happen twice but there has been more times where i put my foot down n i did again after she got home .i could not sleep for some reason n said some nasty words n now she thinks i got a problem n so do i. i also go to a mates house one a week for a drink but have been doing that before we even met so she c no problem with her going out but she has only started this in v last 4 months. we got two kids n i think im ruining our realationship.wat is wrong with me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. It's not appropriate for your partner to go out with her single friend who is also socializing with single men. If she wants to meet up with her friend once a week for a 'girls night out', that's fine, just as you are going to your mate's house once a week, but if socializing with single men who were friends at school is included in the evening's activities, it's not right for her to do that, considering she's in a committed relationship with you, and you have children together.

You can explain to her that you're not against her seeing her girlfriend(s) and having a night out, but you do get upset when she's catching up with single men, just because her friend is single. Her friend can arrange to go to places to catch up with the single men on another night, when your partner is not with her.

Ask her if she would be willing to do that: socialize with her friend, but not meet up with single men, and see what she says.

I hope things work out well.