Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

Hi Match,My guy did not see me on Valentines Day. he

Hi Match,

My guy did not see me on Valentine's Day. he took me out on February 11th for dinner and called it a prelude to V-Day. On V-Day I did not hear from him. He did not call. He did not show up. He acted as if he was going to make it an extra-special evening. I just heard from him for the first time since then on yesterday (February 19th). What gives?????
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.

May I ask your ages?

How long have you been seeing your guy?

Did you attempt to reach HIM between 2/12 and 2/18, when you hadn't heard from him?

Did you mention your disappointment and/or concern when you hadn't heard from him for about a week, in your conversation when he called you yesterday, 2/19?

Do you usually speak to him on a daily basis?

Thanks for all the additional details you can provide about your situation.

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have been dating for a year. No, I did not call him. yes, I did mention my disappointment (more like a meltdown). No, we do not speak everyday, but I want the relationship to become closer. My friends say "he's just not that into me"? Could it be?
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

If you've been dating for a year, it certainly is strange that he didn't see you on Valentine's Day and had not communicated with you for a week. Are you exclusive? I assumed that you were, but if he's also dating other women, he might not want to be exclusive at this time.

If you want your relationship to become closer, you need to open the lines of communication more, and let him know how you feel. You said you had sort of a meltdown when he called yesterday and you told him you were disappointed he never called and didn't see you on V-day, but what was HIS reaction? Did he apologize, make excuses, say he was sorry he caused you to feel badly and be upset? How does he generally handle it, when you show him you're upset? Is he loving and reassuring, or does it not seem to phase him?

While it's always possible he's just not that into you, what has kept you together for the past year? You must have things in common, which you enjoy doing together, and also enjoy just spending time together. Is he usually a loving, demonstrative kind of guy who will hold hands, kiss in public, remember your birthday, etc.? These are important qualities in a man to be considered, if you want your relationship to become closer. On the one hand, you can do things to help your relationship to get closer, and on the other hand, if it's not something he wants, as well, you don't want to waste your time, when you could be with someone who cares, more.

If you could find out what was behind his recent actions which hurt you, it would say a lot to predict the future of your relationship.

Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience: Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, Cher. This is very insightful.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome; I'm glad I could help. Thanks very much for your accept, and I hope things work out the way you want them to.

Cher