KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Hi, i have just split up from a 15 year relationship...he is

Hi, i have just split up from a 15 year relationship...he is and was the everything in my life, what has hurt worse, is that in the 2 weeks we have been split up he has started seeing and sleeping with someone else, that i am an aquaitance of. they are intending on disapearing for a few months to travel, they have known each other 6 months and nothing happened until we split, i am devastated and going through every emotion possible, i will not give him up that easily and was wondering if i should try in a nice way to get him back? i know he loves me and cares for me still etc.. but he seems to be infactuated in this new relationship, we have hugged and had a few kisses, and you know when there was/is something there... well... but is it too late, i was going to send him a card.. etc... we split up because he wasnt happy with all the negativity.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-What kind of negativity?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, thank you for getting back to me: he is 34 and i am 36, me and my future etc.... and not doing a lot about it, which i had just started to change, when we finished.
We have lived and worked together for 12 years and then he left to college and we have a long distant relationship, we have had a happy and loving relationship for so long...
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

Your ex might need some time to figure out what he wants to do and who he wants to be with. He is confused and that is because he didn't have closure in your relationship before he started a new relationship with this other woman. There isn't really anything you can do right now he has to come back to you on his own, you are going to have to show him that you have changed and that if he were to come back things will be different if he sees that everything is pretty much the same it will be easier for him to stay gone. Take this time to work on whatever it was that made him leave. What you are going to have to do is show him what it was that made him fall in love with you in the first place. Do the things that made him want to be with you and spend the rest of his life with you. Get rid of all the negativity that chased him away and learn to be positive about yourself and the relationship.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Kimberly, would you suggest a letter? we left each other with words that we love each other and tears and hugs etc... i know its a differant love to what he is feeling for the other lady right now, but if i word it right.......Embarassed
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

Paula,

A letter or card wouldn't hurt just make sure you are telling him how you feel about him and what you had and not begging him to come back, no one likes the needy and you may push him further away if it sounds as if you are begging him to come back.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com