Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

I was scammed by a girl that i met on a dating website. She

I was scammed by a girl that i met on a dating website. She told me that she is from Vancouver Canada but i found out later that she is in Nigeria because she recieved money but other person claimed the money for her. How can i get her in order to put her behind bars because i was not the only one that she scammed.....?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hello Robert,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's a very common scam and the first thing you should do, is report this to your local police, and then call the FBI, as they have an ongoing investigation into this type of scam from Nigeria.

Remember, a person can say they are 'anyone' on the internet and there is no proof of who they are or if they're telling the truth. Never send anyone money, no matter how much you 'think' you know them.
Try to date only local women, so you will see that they are who they say they are, if you're looking to meet people online.

I hope you didn't lose too much, and this person will be brought to justice!

Cher