Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

I saw that a woman has been corresponding with a soldier in

I saw that a woman has been corresponding with a soldier in Afghanistan. I want to let you know that I too was
corresponding with that same soldier in Afghanistan. and like her, I've started corresponding to him and all of the
sudden, I didn't hear from him. After the new year was when I heard from him again. and he said that there was an attack on his base and he lost 2 of his soldiers and his network was down. Just like what he told this woman. I
too got attached to this guy and he was promising her the same thing that he promised me. This really hurts. The
only thing that's different is I didn't get a chance to find out the date that he retires. He told me that it will be sometime this year, but he doesn't know when that will happen. Also, I met him on instead of Is there a way that you can let the woman know that he promised me the same thing? Your response will be appreciated.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Chani,

I was the Expert that spoke to her. I can see if I can reach her. Are you still talking to him?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. I'm still talking to him. Last night I asked him to send me more pictures and this morning he sent me a reply saying that he will send me pictures soon. The reason why I asked is because my friend helped me find a picture of Colonel LeXXXXX XXXXX on the internet. He was accepting an award. However, the picture on that site does not match the picture that was on the dating site I just want to let her know that. Maybe it will help her.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Have you had any luck contacting the lady?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

I left a message for her, so I'm waiting to hear back. Check back with me in another day or so?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay. I'll check back then.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ms. Chase. Please keep this conversation private. I googled him and found this conversation on google. I see that she wrote back to you. Could you give her my e-mail address? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I also want to point out that this man lied about his age. He also asked me for money for his son. He claimed that his son has a temperature and not feeling well. I asked him what about his insurance and he claimed that he doesn't have any. He said that he needed the money for treatment and medication. So like the woman said, it's a total scam. I see that the woman plans to report him. Right on, good for her. I would like to e-mail her. So it's okay to give my e-mail to her. Thank you for your help with contacting her. I didn't see the green approve button for me to hit. I know in my last message I said to keep the conversation private, but I realize that others do need to see this. So don't worry about keeping it private. Thank you again.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Chani, I'm posting the same thing to you that I posted to her. As I am telling her the same thing, I think it's a good idea to take whatever information you have to the dating sites (they may be able to block the IP address from the site), report it to the authorities, send out emails to everyone you know, talk to your local paper or news, whatever you feel comfortable doing to prevent him from conning more women. It might even be good to drop a letter to the man he is presenting himself to be to let him know this is happening. A think it's brave of you to leave the question open, and that it will help others.

You can meet someone online, but you have to be wary. I met my husband online and we've been together going on 8 years. It can happen, just decide what you want in your life and do not deviate from that path. Be careful, ask for proof, and never ever give anyone money for anything.

I'm always here if you want to talk more.