Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

My boyfriend is 32. we had been going out for a year. hes

My boyfriend is 32. we had been going out for a year. he's organizing a party tomorrow. I bought a cake for him and the party is at a bar/pool place. I dont know half the people that are invited and it makes me shudder to think it I should be the one to bring out the cake to him. Can I just ask the waitresses to do so? would that be inappropriate? if I know more of the people I'd be fine with it.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

So, this is a birthday party for your boyfriend? I don't think it really matters that you won't know everyone there, but as his girlfriend for a year, it would be appropriate for you to present it; however, it would NOT be inappropriate to ask a waitress to do this, or even better, usually, with a big cake, they bring it out on a rolling cart or table, so the waitress can hold it or have it on a cart like that, and you can walk alongside her, as she carries it or wheels it out.

The fact that you won't know everyone, is nothing to worry about. If they know him, and they know you're his girlfriend for a year's time,
he'll introduce you to people you don't know, and if you're with him, you'll feel comfortable.

Have a great time!