Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

There is a married woman at work who smiles at me every time

Customer Question

There is a married woman at work who smiles at me every time our eyes connect. This has been going on for weeks. One of the last times this happened, I winked at her and she winked back. She's relatively new and we've never really spoken to eachother. I'm married and I know she knows this. I've seen her and another female co-worker she sits next to whispering amoungst themselves and sometimes the other girl looks over my direction after they've whispered. What am I to make of this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It would help if I had a bit more information.

May I ask how old you are?

How long have you been married?

How do you know the woman at work is married?

Are you friendly with anyone at work who knows more about her?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 36 and I believe she's somewhere around 30. I've been married for 12 years.

She wears a ring on her wedding finger and she has a framed picture on her desk of herself and a guy on'arm in arm', whom I'm guessing is her husband - looks a little older than her and though I could talk to someone in her dept that may know more about her, but this would be awkward/suspicious if I did.

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Considering you're both married, I'd leave it at the stage it's at, now, and nodding or saying hello when you see her is fine. Being flirty is also fine, as long as that's where it stops.

When she's sitting with her female friend and they're talking and looking over at you, look right back, wave, and feel good about it. I'm sure they're talking about you in a positive way, so it's a nice ego booster.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this further.

Cher