TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Ihavebeen in 3 seriousrelationshipsand cheated on all of my

Customer Question

Ihavebeen in 3 seriousrelationshipsand cheated on all of my partners, I am now currently in another serious relationship and even though I haven't cheated I'm nearly scared of myself that I will. Obviously this reads as a clearly well don't then, but it's not like that. Idearly love my partner butfeelmy personality, looksand independence seems to get me into these positions frequentlyI have a vivacious, flirtatious, really outgoing personality in the best sense. I also am very independent and need to have my own interests and friends but everytime I go out I always seem to attract somebody. I really enjoymeetingnew peopleand having fun but am so scared especially in the light of alcohol I won'tkeepmaking the best decisions, so far I just run home, but I know theres more to it, Ifeel I constantlyneed to be desired but at the sametime I don't want to haveto change mypersonality,constantly remain in the presence of my partner I'm a good personand want always a clearconscience can u help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

What is your age?

Do you always drink when you go out?

Have you ever been in therapy for this?

Is there a specific incident or situation that brings on the cheating?

Chase
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 28 years old.

I am from Ireland so the answer would be yes I do always drink when I go out that is the culture here.

I have been in therapy for my childhood, sometimes I think it has brought the way i am on. My mother had an affair for 15 years with my dad's best friend in our house which I knew about from the age of 7 or so, I feel like it's hereditary which is ridiculous we are what we repeatedly do but thats the way I feel. Thats my fear.

No there is no specific incident that brings on the cheating, I feel that when i'm out I must ensure I curfu myself and say I'll go home after this etc.. as if it goes any later into the night then high chance something silly will happen, I just want the ability to not have to do that like everyone else.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi There,

I am still awaiting my reply? I have answered all questions?