TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Hi, I broke up with a guy about 3 months ago. We were both

Customer Question

Hi, I broke up with a guy about 3 months ago. We were both very in love, but then he found out that he might get deported. He kept quiet but became very distant. He then tells me that he couldn't make any promises b/c he didnt know what was going to happen. I told him that if he put me on hold that it won't work out. A week later out of frustration i broke up with him over a text message. 3 months go by with no contact and i get an email from him saying that he was sorry for what he did to me, and if i would forgive him. I sent him a text saying i got his message. He replied asking if i was w/ anybody yet. I said i was talking to some1, and he said he had a girl too. He also told me that he is probably not moving to ukraine (thats where he might get sent). And this girl he is talking to is from there. I told him that i was happy for him and hoping that we can stay friends. But i don't want to be friends and want him back. What do i do? i feel if i say something il make things worse
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.

what are your ages?

how long were you together?

how did you meet?

so he's not going back? do you think he wants to get back with you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im 20 and he is going to be 23 next month. we were together 5 months. we met at a christian conference. He lives 3 hours away from me. I asked him if he was still going back and he siad, probably not, because he can make more money here. So it seems like he is not even sure. He is still on his green card. Before writing me that email, he first made a profile on facebook and added me on christmas day. I accepted and sent him a little message saying that i hoped all is well with him and wishing him a happy new year. A week later is when he sent me the im sorry email. I dont think he would have contacted me unless he cared or even searched me on facebook, i even changed my last name too! so he must had tried hard to find me. I told him i was talking to someone when he asked if i had anyone yet. and he siad he had a girl when i asked him if he was talking to anyone. I don't know what to do. Is he trying to make me jelous just so i can make a move first?