TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

My husband & I are both in our 50s and have been married 1-1/2

Customer Question

My husband & I are both in our 50s and have been married 1-1/2 yrs. He has under Drs care for depression and has been on medication for many years. He has now joined a Virtual Reality website. I discovered recently that he used a photo of a girlfriend of mine and sent it along with an intimite suggestive letter pretending to be this girl, to another virtual reality male member.   Some 10-15 years ago he had very close gay friends but has always claimed not to be gay.   I am upset that he used my friend's photo and now I'm wondering if he is a closet gay. He also claims that the person he sent the letter to was someone he worked with 5 years ago and he wanted to "scam" him. I don't believe him and now do not trust him.   I don't know what to feel or do and I am numb.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Natali,

How did you know that years ago he had very close gay friends?

How did the two of you meet?

Has anything else happened to make you wary?

What kinds of medication is he on, or for what?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1) He told me that they were just close friends and the other person knew that..although the other person wanted a relationship. The other person stopped communication with my husband.
2) We met at a community function.
3) He gets along well with gay people and most people. When I found out he was using my friend's picture the first time, I asked him to not use pictures I took of my friends, to use his own. He was defensive and said he was just trying to learn how to send attachments via email I told him then to not use my friends picture for anything. What makes me wary is that he lied to me and went ahead anyway to use it in the worse way. I'm angry for two reasons.
4) Depression medication.

Please do not post my situation for the whole world to see.
Thank you.