Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.),
9208484

I had an affair for 2 years, I kept giving her money for rent

I had an affair for 2 years, I kept giving her money for rent three months afterwards, then to her landlord dierctly for a further four months (so as to not have face to face contact with her). She has sent two very nasty letters (with pictures) to my wife. She has sent at least fifty text messages in the last month, the last ones asking me to "please is it ok to call you" at 2 am then calling me. I have told her many, many times "its over", face to face, verbally and text message. What is the best way to stop further harrassment as I don't believe the constant harrassment will finish?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr PG (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
   You seem to be in a very difficult position. Depending on her mental state and understanding, there are various options-
- talk to her face to face and make her understand that you cannot continue the relationship and make it final.
- if she is the persistent type, then one option is to totally ignore her. Do not respond to any call or sms or acknowledge her. Slowly she might stop calling you. This will take time and patience.
- If you feel that she will not go away with above methods or you have tried them already, then you an consult a lawyer to help know what legal actions that you can take. You need not take the legal course, but you can tell her that this is what all you an do. Usually a legal threat works.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried the first two suggestions over the past 8 months and have tried the last one recently, none of which seems to of had any effect. What Legal course can I take and what type of lawyer could I approach?
You can get a restraining order based on the fact that you are being harassed. A family lawyer or any general purpose lawyer can help you in this.
Regards
Dr PG (M.D.),
Experience: