TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

What can I do to get the love of my life back

Customer Question

My love and I had a really great thing going on for a long time, but the only problem was, a mutual friend, had really strong feelings for me and the guys drifted apart. We spent so much time together, we intimate and really wanted to be together. We stopped talking, and I didn't know why, but my guy called me last night and told me that he couldn't take the guilt anymore. That he felt like he betrayed his friend who had feelings for me. It's not like the other guy and I had a relationship. It's not like he stole me away from him. I want the two to talk and I really want to be with my guy. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone. I feel lost and broken inside. I don't know what to do. I just want to die.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Carol Kryder replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using

It sounds like you have a very difficult situation. Let me make sure I understand. You and "Mike" are together, but a mutual friend "Steve" admitted having feelings for you and Mike is feeling guilty that he betrayed Steve? Now they are not talking? I can certainly understand why you are confused. I am, too. Are you saying that Mike now will not be with you because he feels bad that XXXXX XXXXXkes you too?

If you can clarify this for me I would be delighted to help in any way I can. I am sure there is a solution to this issue.