KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

What can I do I have been married to my wife for 48 years

Customer Question

What can I do ? I have been married to my wife for 48 years and I do Love her. My problem is I am still in love with my first love and it's not my wife. What shall I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is your age?

-How long did you date the first love?

-How long ago has it been since you've seen this person?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am 71 years old , and dated my first love for 1 1/2 years . I met her in 1954 and broke up in 1956. The last time I saw her was 1986 when I was in the hospital for major sugery. My wife called her to let her know I was in the hospital.
I am happliy married and I would just like to see her again before I pass on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My email # XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

It seems that you have a very supportive wife who understood the feelings you had for this woman or she would not have called her while you were in the hospital and I think she will understand you wanting to see her again before you pass on but hopefully you will live 20 more years, you are not alone many people married and single find themselves going to back to a time when they were happy and in love even if they are married they often wonder how that person is and what is going on in their life. Make sure that your wife is okay with you seeing this woman again and make sure she knows your feeling for her so that things don't get awkward. If your wife knew that you dated her when you were younger and still contacted her when you were ill in the hospital I think she will understand your feelings. Honesty may be best in this situation just explain to your wife that you love her and cherish her this will ease her worries and she may be more understanding.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so very much Kimberly. I have been going over this situation for a long time. It is a load off of my mind to be able to talk to a third party about this situation.
I will follow your advice to the letter.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.Laughing
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 5 years ago.
Customer

You're welcome and if you need my help again, just ask for me by name or one of our other experts can help you also.