Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

I got married back in August of 2008 but my wife then told

I got married back in August of 2008 but my wife then told me after 8 weeks she wanted to be with someone she had been seeing before we got wed at the time of the marrage we were not living together and even after the honeymoon we where not cohabiting as husband and wife she wants to move on with her life and so do i and i want to get a divorce how do i go bout it
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear this marriage didn't work out. You can contact a local divorce attorney in your area and get details re: filing for divorce against your wife. If you know she won't 'contest' the divorce (won't fight you on it, as she wants it too, you said), you could even get the proper legal papers from your local courthouse and fill them out yourself. However, you would need a lawyer to help with any more complicated things like division of money, etc. You were married such a short time, and if there was no prenuptial agreement, you should be able to make this as simple and least costly as possible by doing it on your own.

I wish you much good luck.